Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Christmas

Whoa. It's been a while since I've updated anything! So my goal is to catch up, and hopefully stay caught up!

On Christmas Eve, we went bowling, one of our newer traditions. It's something that I've started looking forward to the last couple years. This year we invited Forrest's cousin Tyrel, his wife Lindsay and their daughter Madison to come along with us. I think it makes it more fun when you have others play with you. But as always, we had a blast, Jackson especially!

This year we just stayed home for Christmas. It's nice to have our own little family Christmas together, and then be able to get together with the rest of your family afterwards. The day started out when Jackson woke up. (No early risers here! At least not yet!) We were able to go at our own pace, which with Jackson, is slow surprisingly! He likes to pick a present, and take off one piece of paper at a time. Just taking his sweet ol' time! It's nice not to feel rushed! I think he enjoyed every minute of it, because I know I did! Poor kid got a TON of clothes, but also got Buzz & Woody from Santa. He got quite a few new books, coloring books, shoes, and a few toys. Forrest got a new pair of work boots, and a game he'd been wanting for the Wii, along with a few other odds and ends. And I got a bunch of books I've been wanting (woohoo!) and some soaps from Bath & Body Works....I love that stuff!

After the presents were opened, we munched on some Monkey Bread while we waited for our omlets to cook. Then we played it pretty low key and helped Jackson open his new toys to play with.

Later in the evening, we had some family come over for Christmas dinner. Forrest's parents, Audrey, Mandy, Todd, Kadee, Rylan and Todd's sister Monica came and we all enjoyed a delicious dinner of ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, salad, and all the other big feast fixins! We then proceded to exchange gifts, and I think we even finished the night by playing some Hand & Foot!
Overall, it was a very enjoyable Christmas!






1 comment:

Mandy said...

The bowling ball is as big as Jackson is!