Sunday, December 13, 2009

Alas...

It's happened. The 3 words that you never want to hear from your child's mouth, "I hate you!". I figured it would probably come eventually, but not this soon. Of course, I don't think he really understood what he was saying. I can think of 2 kids it may have come from, or of course he may have heard it from Nursery.

After taking a time out, he came out to say sorry (smiling, and just as happy as could be), then I asked him if he knew what he said. "I hate you," he said. I told him it meant he didn't love me. He then replied, "But I love you mom!". So that made it better. He now knows that those are mean words and it's not nice to say them.

Here's to hoping I never hear them again...(yeah, right!)

1 comment:

Kmelanese said...

That is so sad he said that!! I know he didn't know what he was saying. I am glad he told you he did love you!